Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hype

   

           Advertising become a very important way to marketing. Sponsor can deliver advertising  trough radio, TV, newspaper, buses, trains, billboards, etc.  Big and small companies use advertising to sell goods and keep customers attention. According to the passage "Hype" by Kalle Lasn advertising took part of our lives consuming our peace of mind. Almost every single space is now a place can be filled with logos or any product message. Even if you drive countryside you will find an enormous billboard announcing any product. Are these business companies or industries doing right using all this advertising to flood our minds? I think is not fear to be invaded of all this advertising. 


       Some times when I'm driving after a long day at work all I want to do is to listen some good music to relax my mind, so I turn on the radio and after four minutes of music I listen to eight minutes commercials. Some of this commercials are not even appropriate for kids. The same issue happens when I'm watching TV there are more advertising than shows, and some are inappropriate. Online advertising, we all are invaded and we all get tempted to click on that little window that's showing a pair of shoes, cloths, makeup, food or whatever thing that is part of our weakness. And this really can affect us because sometimes we can't afford it making us unhappy. 


     Commercial made an impact on my life as a child. I could remember asking my mother for some of the stuff that I used to watch on TV. Those toys were stock in my head for a long time. It was around Christmas time so the commercials whats all about toys. I knew that is was kind of impossible to get all I asked for because I have three more siblings. I knew I was giving her extra presion. My personal experience is bad about advertising because that persuasive messages sometimes get stock on my mind. Few years ago I saw a movie it was about a men that got millions selling product for hair loss, weight loss, skin problems, etc. But none of these products were good. He used to have very humble people on his products advertising, to impact people, and make them buy his products. In the movie I saw how people trust this advertising and after they try the product they feel foolish.


   I know and I realize that at the end of the day advertising is part of our life. We are living in a very competitive century and commercial advertising had increase steadily. Therefore  this companies are going to do whatever is possible to survive and to get people attention, regardless if they flood our minds, or invade our spaces. But our peace of my is more important than any thing. All this companies should respect our time and space. we need more green spaces less big billboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment