Monday, March 17, 2014

I Know the Truth so Don't bother me with Facts


I Know the Truth, So Don't Bother Me with Facts



    In the article " I know the Truth, So Don't Bother Me with Facts," adapted from Jeffrey Kluger, point out how humans have been easily gulled by rumors, beliefs and "flat-out lies."  In a new study realized by R. Kelly Garrett and Erik Nisbet assistant professors at Ohio State University concluded that, first at all is easy to manipulate people beliefs, because is easy to influence on people that don't know the facts or basis of their beliefs.  Secondly a very few percent  will keep their beliefs even if they see a contradictory evidence, because they feel sure about their beliefs. As a matter of fact it could be ego too because none of us like to admit that we could be wrong. As well I think our beliefs play a huge role in how we view our life. 

    As human been some beliefs are acquired by culture, such as religion, political, superstitions, etc that aren't necessary right. I agree with the author, because most of people change their mind easily, by influence or proofs. As a cosmetologist I have the opportunity to interact with different people and their own beliefs. I had the opportunity to get to know more about their beliefs and it is strange but all  of them assume that they're right even if they are not. For example few of them believe in cutting their hair by the phases of the moon, because they believe that will help their hair to grow faster.  As I know moon has nothing to do with our hair growth system, because this depends in our diet and health. 

     I think beliefs have a big influence in our life therefore we have to develop  our brain to learn and get knowledge. I know that our beliefs grows with us from childhood because as children we will believe whatever get taught in an early age, we don't even determinate the reason of our beliefs. By my own experience I'll say that I used to be the type of person that easily believed without questioning. But after my brain started developing and getting more knowledge I changed my mind, supporting my beliefs by logic. 

     As a conclusion,  I think beliefs have a big influence and how we live, what we do, and what kind of life style we have and some cases even our dress code is based on it. In my opinion is good to have beliefs that could be supported by truth or facts. It is easy to believe in whatever you can prove  and whatever you have had. I assumed that as I learn and grow I find out that many of my beliefs will no longer serve me. I free myself of some false beliefs that I was taught. 










2 comments: