Monday, March 31, 2014

"The Allegory of The Cave"


Summary

        The Allegory of The Cave by Plato, is a metaphor that represent the way we perceive reality. This narrative story express how most of people get comfort in their cave getting set up. The cave is a stage of knowledge and believes  than either are false or true. And only few people will take the chance to step out of the cave to investigate and prove the true of their believes and the knowledge they acquired of whatever they were told. Furthermore represents how people get scared of knowing the truth. I believe that "The Allegory of The Cave" represent the way we go through our life acquiring knowledge and true of reality, because a better understanding can make me a better person.

Part 2

    Comparing my life to "The Allegory of the Cave" I was chained to my fears and conformist because I waited to long to start college. I'm not chained any more, this year one of my goals was to start college, and  I am  glad because I stared right. I'm not afraid anymore, I'm doing well step by step, it was kind of scared at the beginning because it was new for me but I'm not anymore.  Also asking people before, how hard is college for them didn't help, because most of them told me it was complicated and I used to see them struggling, making me feel insecure about college. Now I'm learning and  seeing things different trough my own experience.
  I am improving my English, also I'm learning about business. I'm applying this knowledge on my personal life, because I have a small business and all I learn helps. I know that getting a degree will open doors for my future. Now I'm focus on my Business Administration degree. I feel like the prisoner that escape the cave and saw a different word, by his own discovered that the reality is different. And opening our mind to learn will transform my life for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment